Sri Digambar Jain Lal mandir is dedicated to the Jain religion. Some people also called this temple Lal Mandir. The avian veterinary hospital is located within temple premises and it is the world’s biggest bird hospital. This place also knows as the bird hospital. Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir timing and arti timing are given for the visitor’s help.
This temple is located just in front of the Red fort. This beautiful temple is here from Mugal Dynasty and runs here for a long time, as per the records this temple has built in 1656. The bird hospital started in 1930 and it is a charitable trust. This temple is Delhi’s one of the oldest temples.
This temple is very famous among the public, because of its dedicated service to the birds. Many injured and sick birds are treated here and after the treatment birds are released in an open atmosphere.
Sri Digambar Jain Lal mandir also has a bookstore, visitors and Jain religion devotees can find various books related to Jainism and other subject-related books as well. Many visitors learn many devotional things. In this temple, many stories are related to the temple and religion depicted on the wall.
Sri Digambar Jain Lal Temple Timings 2023
Normally Sri Digambar Jain Lal mandir timing in the morning is from 05:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 06:00 to 09:30 in the evening. In wintertime has increased in the morning and decreased in the evening by half an hour.
|Season||Morning Timing||Evening Timing|
|Summer, Monsoon & Autumn||05:30 AM to 11:30 AM||06:00 PM to 09:30 PM|
|Winter & Spring||06:00 AM to 12:00 PM||05:30 PM to 09:00 PM|
This temple mainly celebrates the festival Mahavir Jayanti, Vidhaan, Daslakshan Parv, and Paryushan Mahaparv. During the festive season is open longer than usual time. This temple is mostly crowded on Friday to worship the Padmavati Mata.
Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir Location
This amazing temple is located at Netaji Subhash Marg, Opposite Red Fort, Chandni Chowk, Delhi – 110006
How to Reach at Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir
This beautiful temple is located in Delhi’s heart in old Delhi. The temple’s nearest landmark is Red Fort. In India, everyone knows that Red Fort is one of the most visited places of India for tourists to visit. The walking distance is approx. 280 meters between Red Fort and Sri Digambar Jain temple.
In Delhi many options are available for transportation, visitors can take the following options to reach the temple.
- Metro: The nearest metro station is Lal Quila station at the violet line of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. The walking distance from Lal Quila metro station to this temple is 100 meters. The other nearest metro station is Chandni Chowk.
- Bus: Delhi Government runs many buses across Delhi. The bus service is also accessible by the visitors, but during visits to buses be aware of the pickpocketers.
- Auto: Auto is also a good option to reach Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, in Delhi auto service also available on widely levels. It is easily available on every road and street in Delhi.
- Car/Taxi: By self-car and by taxi visitors also can come here.
- Rickshaw/E- Rickshaw: The best way to reach anywhere in old Delhi is Rickshaw and E- rickshaw. The old Delhi street is very narrow and it is the easiest and chipset way to reach nearby. Rickshaw service also provides old Delhi tour packages to visitors and tourists to explore old Delhi at reasonable prices.
Parking at Sri Digambar Jain Lal Temple
As everyone knows that Chandni Chowk and old Delhi are very narrow places. There is no parking space available in this temple premises, but the nearby space available in Red Fort Parking and other authorized parking space are available within walking distance.
The authorized car parking space has more than 400 car parking facility options at nominal and reasonable prices. The parking charge is 40 Rs for 4 hour’s stay and additionally, they charged 20 Rs. Per hours. Visitors also can take the rickshaw to reach the temple from authorized parking.