FirstEnergy Stadium is a football stadium located in Cleveland, Ohio, United States. It serves as the home field of the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). The stadium opened in 1999 and has a seating capacity of 67,895.
The stadium was designed to provide a modern, state-of-the-art facility for the Browns, who had previously played in Cleveland Municipal Stadium. The new stadium features a natural grass playing surface, a retractable roof, and a large video scoreboard. In addition to football games, the stadium has also hosted concerts, soccer matches, and other events.
FirstEnergy Stadium is located on the shores of Lake Erie, which provides a picturesque backdrop for events held at the venue. The stadium is part of the larger Cleveland lakefront development, which includes the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center. FirstEnergy Stadium is a modern and impressive sports facility that has become an important landmark in the city of Cleveland.
FirstEnergy Stadium History
FirstEnergy Stadium, originally known as Cleveland Browns Stadium, was built in 1999 to replace the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, which had been the Browns’ home field since their inception in 1946. The decision to build a new stadium was made after years of declining attendance and fan dissatisfaction with the outdated facilities at Municipal Stadium.
The new stadium was designed by the architectural firm HOK Sport (now known as Populous) and constructed at a cost of approximately $290 million. The stadium was built on the same site as the old Municipal Stadium, which was demolished to make way for the new facility.
The stadium was originally designed to seat 73,200 fans, but after renovations in 2014, the seating capacity was reduced to 67,895. The stadium features a natural grass playing surface, a retractable roof, and a large video scoreboard. FirstEnergy Stadium has been the home of the Cleveland Browns since its opening in 1999, and it has also hosted other sporting events, including college football games, soccer matches, and high school football championships. In addition, the stadium has been used for concerts and other entertainment events.
In 2013, the stadium was renamed FirstEnergy Stadium after FirstEnergy Corp., a utility company headquartered in Akron, Ohio, purchased the naming rights to the stadium.
FirstEnergy Stadium Seating Plan
FirstEnergy Stadium has a seating capacity of 67,895 and features a bowl design with four levels of seating. The FirstEnergy stadium seating plan are divided into four main sections:
- Lower Level: The lower-level seats are located closest to the field and are divided into three sections – the North End Zone, South End Zone, and Sideline. The Sideline sections offer the best views of the game and are generally considered the most desirable seats.
- Club Level: The club level seats are located in the middle of the stadium and offer premium amenities such as private entrances, upscale food and beverage options, and access to exclusive lounges.
- Upper Level: The upper-level seats are located above the club level and are divided into two sections – the Dawg Pound (North End Zone) and the Sideline. The Dawg Pound section is known for its rowdy and passionate fans.
- Suite Level: The suite level seats are located at the top of the stadium and offer private suites with luxury amenities, including catering and dedicated waitstaff.
The stadium also features several unique seating areas, including:
- The Dawg Pound: This section is located in the North End Zone and is known for its passionate and boisterous fans. It is considered one of the most intimidating places to play for opposing teams.
- The Bud Light Party Deck: This outdoor area is located on the upper level and offers a unique party atmosphere with a view of the field.
- The Cleveland Clinic Sports Health Zone: This section is located on the lower level and offers fans the opportunity to watch the game from stationary bikes and elliptical machines.
FirstEnergy Stadium offers a wide range of seating options for fans, from premium club and suite seats to the rowdy and passionate atmosphere of the Dawg Pound.
FirstEnergy Stadium Ticket Price
Ticket prices of FirstEnergy Stadium can vary depending on the event, seating location, and other factors. Here is a general price range for tickets to Cleveland Browns football games:
- Lower Level: $100 – $300 per ticket
- Club Level: $300 – $600 per ticket
- Upper Level: $50 – $150 per ticket
- Dawg Pound: $50 – $150 per ticket
Prices for premium seating options such as suites, loge boxes, and club seats will typically be higher and vary depending on the specific amenities and services included.
It is important to note that ticket prices can fluctuate based on demand and availability, so prices may be higher or lower than the ranges listed above. It is recommended to check with official ticket providers, such as the team’s website or Ticketmaster, for the most up-to-date and accurate pricing information.
FirstEnergy Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
There are several ways to book tickets for events at FirstEnergy Stadium, including Cleveland Browns football games:
- Official Team Website: The Cleveland Browns website is the primary source for purchasing tickets to games at FirstEnergy Stadium. Fans can select the game they wish to attend, choose their preferred seating location, and purchase tickets directly through the website.
- Ticketmaster: Tickets for events at FirstEnergy Stadium may also be available for purchase through Ticketmaster, a popular online ticketing platform. Fans can visit the Ticketmaster website, select the event they wish to attend, and purchase tickets using a credit or debit card.
- Secondary Ticket Marketplaces: In addition to the official team website and Ticketmaster, there are also several secondary ticket marketplaces where fans can purchase tickets to events at FirstEnergy Stadium. These platforms may offer a wider selection of seats, but prices may be higher due to demand.
It is important to purchase tickets from a reputable source to ensure that the tickets are valid and to avoid fraudulent activity. Fans should also be aware of any refund policies or restrictions associated with their ticket purchase.
FirstEnergy Stadium ticket booking process is straightforward and can be completed online or through a third-party ticketing platform.
FirstEnergy Stadium Parking Map
FirstEnergy Stadium offers several parking options for fans attending events, including Cleveland Browns football games. Here is a breakdown of the parking areas and their locations:
- North Coast Harbor Garage: This is a multi-level garage located on E. 9th Street and North Marginal Road, just east of the stadium. The garage can accommodate over 1,500 vehicles and offers covered parking and a direct walkway to the stadium.
- East 9th Street Municipal Parking: This surface lot is located on East 9th Street between Carnegie and Lakeside Avenues, just south of the stadium. The lot offers over 400 spaces and is within walking distance of the stadium.
- West 3rd Street Surface Lot: This surface lot is located on West 3rd Street between Lakeside and St. Clair Avenues, just west of the stadium. The lot offers over 300 spaces and is within walking distance of the stadium.
- Willard Park Garage: This is a multi-level garage located on Lakeside Avenue, just east of the stadium. The garage can accommodate over 800 vehicles and is within walking distance of the stadium.
- Muni Lot: This large surface lot is located on the corner of West 3rd Street and South Marginal Road, just south of the stadium. The lot can accommodate over 1,500 vehicles and is a popular tailgating spot for Browns fans.
It is important to note that parking availability and prices may vary depending on the event, so fans are advised to check the stadium’s website or contact the parking operators directly for the most up-to-date information.
How to Reach FirstEnergy Stadium
FirstEnergy Stadium is located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, and is easily accessible by several modes of transportation. Here are some ways to reach the stadium:
- Driving: Fans can access the stadium by car via several major highways, including I-90, I-77, and I-71. There are several parking options available near the stadium, including the North Coast Harbor Garage, East 9th Street Municipal Parking, and the Muni Lot.
- Public Transit: The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) operates several bus and rail lines that serve the downtown area, including the Waterfront Line and the Red, Green, and Blue Lines. The Waterfront Line has a station at the stadium, making it a convenient option for fans traveling to the game.
- Ride Sharing: Fans can also use ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft to reach the stadium. Pick-up and drop-off locations are typically located near the stadium entrances.
- Walking: FirstEnergy Stadium is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and is within walking distance of many hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Fans staying in the downtown area can easily walk to the stadium.
It is recommended that fans plan their transportation ahead of time and allow extra time for travel and parking, especially during peak game times.
FirstEnergy Stadium Facilities
FirstEnergy Stadium offers several facilities and amenities to enhance the game-day experience for fans. Here are some of the key facilities available at the stadium:
- Club Lounges: FirstEnergy Stadium features several club lounges that offer premium seating and amenities, including access to exclusive bars, restaurants, and lounges.
- Concessions: The stadium offers a wide variety of food and beverage options, including local favorites such as pierogies and bratwursts, as well as traditional game-day fare such as hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn.
- Retail: The stadium features several retail locations selling Cleveland Browns merchandise, including jerseys, hats, and souvenirs.
- First Aid: The stadium has several first-aid stations located throughout the venue to provide medical assistance in case of injury or illness.
- Family Restrooms: The stadium offers several family restrooms equipped with changing tables and other amenities for parents with young children.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium provides free Wi-Fi to fans throughout the venue, allowing them to stay connected and share their game-day experience on social media.
- Jumbotron: The stadium features a large, high-definition video screen, also known as a Jumbotron, which provides live game updates, replays, and other entertainment during breaks in play.
FirstEnergy Stadium offers a wide range of facilities and amenities to enhance the game-day experience for fans, whether they are attending a Cleveland Browns football game or another event at the venue.