Neyland Stadium Seating Chart with Row and Seat Numbers, Tickets Price 2023, Parking Map
Neyland Stadium is a sports stadium located in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. It is the home stadium of the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team. The stadium is named after Robert Neyland, who served as the head coach of the Volunteers football team from 1926 to 1952. Neyland Stadium was opened in 1921 and underwent several renovations and expansions over the years. The current seating capacity is approximately 102,455, making it one of the largest stadiums in the United States.
In addition to hosting University of Tennessee football games, Neyland Stadium has also been the site of many other events, including concerts, political rallies, and other sporting events. The stadium has been the site of numerous memorable moments in college football history, including the “Miracle at South Bend” in 1991 and the “Tennessee Miracle” in 2016.
Neyland Stadium History
Neyland Stadium has a rich history dating back to its construction in the early 20th century. Here are some key moments in its history:
- Construction: Neyland Stadium was built in 1921 and originally had a seating capacity of 3,200. The stadium was named Shields-Watkins Field after two former University of Tennessee administrators.
- Expansion: Over the years, Neyland Stadium underwent several expansions to accommodate its growing popularity. In 1926, the stadium was expanded to seat 9,600 fans, and in 1937, it was further expanded to seat 20,000.
- Robert Neyland: The stadium was renamed in honor of Robert Neyland, the head coach of the University of Tennessee football team from 1926 to 1952. Neyland is considered one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, and his influence is still felt at the stadium today.
- Modernization: In the 1960s, Neyland Stadium underwent a major renovation that modernized its facilities and increased its seating capacity to 54,000. Further renovations and expansions were completed in the 1980s and 1990s, increasing the stadium’s capacity to over 100,000.
- Memorable moments: Neyland Stadium has been the site of many memorable moments in college football history. One of the most famous was the “Miracle at South Bend” in 1991, when the University of Tennessee defeated Notre Dame with a last-second touchdown. In 2016, the stadium was also the site of the “Tennessee Miracle,” when the Volunteers scored two touchdowns in the final seconds to defeat the Georgia Bulldogs.
Today, Neyland Stadium remains one of the most iconic college football venues in the United States and is a beloved institution in the Knoxville community.
Neyland Stadium Seating Chart with Rows and Seat Numbers
Neyland Stadium has a seating capacity of approximately 102,455 and is divided into several different sections. Here is a breakdown of the stadium’s seating chart:
- Field Level: The field level seats are located in the first few rows closest to the field. These seats are often considered some of the best in the stadium, as they offer an up-close view of the action.
- Lower Level: The lower level seats are located behind the field level seats and extend around the entire stadium. These seats offer a good view of the field and are some of the most popular in the stadium.
- Club Level: The club level seats are located between the lower and upper levels and offer premium amenities such as climate-controlled lounges and gourmet food options.
- Upper Level: The upper level seats are located above the lower level and offer a panoramic view of the field. These seats are some of the most affordable in the stadium and are popular with families and large groups.
- Suites: Neyland Stadium also features luxury suites that offer a private viewing area, catering, and other amenities. These suites can accommodate groups of varying sizes.
- Student Section: The student section is located in the lower level of the north end zone and is reserved for the University of Tennessee students.
Overall, Neyland Stadium offers a wide variety of seating options to accommodate fans of all ages and budgets.
Neyland Stadium Seating Chart for Football
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the Neyland Stadium seating chart specifically for football games:
- East Sideline: The East Sideline runs from sections AA to QQ and offers a great view of the field. These seats are among the most popular in the stadium and tend to fill up quickly.
- West Sideline: The West Sideline runs from sections A to Q and also offers a great view of the field. These seats are similarly popular to those on the East Sideline.
- South End Zone: The South End Zone is located behind the goalposts and offers a unique perspective of the game. These seats are some of the most affordable in the stadium.
- North End Zone: The North End Zone is reserved for University of Tennessee students and features sections NN to QQ in the lower level.
- Upper Level: The Upper Level runs around the entire stadium and offers an affordable way to experience a game at Neyland Stadium. These seats offer a panoramic view of the field.
- Premium Seating: Neyland Stadium also features premium seating options, including the West Club, East Club, and Tennessee Terrace. These seats offer premium amenities such as climate-controlled lounges and gourmet food options.
Overall, Neyland Stadium offers a wide range of seating options for football games, from affordable seats in the upper level to premium seating options with top-notch amenities.
Neyland Stadium Seating Chart for Concerts
The seating chart for concerts at Neyland Stadium can vary depending on the stage setup and production requirements. However, here is a general breakdown of the stadium’s seating chart for concerts:
- Field Level: The field level seats closest to the stage are typically reserved for VIP and premium ticket holders. These seats offer an up-close view of the performance.
- Lower Level: The lower level seats behind the field level seats offer a good view of the stage and are some of the most popular seats for concerts.
- Club Level: The club level seats offer premium amenities such as climate-controlled lounges and gourmet food options. These seats are often popular with VIP ticket holders.
- Upper Level: The upper level seats offer a panoramic view of the stage and can be an affordable way to experience a concert at Neyland Stadium.
- Suites: The luxury suites can also be available for concerts and offer a private viewing area, catering, and other amenities.
It’s important to note that the seating chart for concerts can vary depending on the stage setup and production requirements. Some concerts may feature a center stage, while others may feature a stage at one end of the stadium. As such, the specific seating chart for a concert at Neyland Stadium can vary widely.
Neyland Stadium Capacity
The official seating capacity of Neyland Stadium is 102,455. This makes it the fifth-largest stadium in college football and the seventh-largest stadium in the world. However, the stadium has been known to accommodate larger crowds for certain events, such as the 2016 Battle at Bristol game between the University of Tennessee and Virginia Tech, which set a college football attendance record of 156,990.
How to Book Neyland Stadium Tickets
There are several ways to book tickets for events at Neyland Stadium:
- Official University of Tennessee Ticket Office: The official ticket office for University of Tennessee Athletics offers a variety of ticket packages and options for football games and other events at Neyland Stadium. You can purchase tickets online through their website, over the phone, or in-person at the ticket office.
- Secondary Marketplaces: There are several secondary marketplaces where you can buy and sell tickets for events at Neyland Stadium, such as StubHub, SeatGeek, and Vivid Seats. These websites offer a variety of options for tickets, but prices may be higher than face value.
- Box Office: The Neyland Stadium box office is typically open on event days and offers a limited selection of tickets for purchase. However, it’s important to note that many events at Neyland Stadium sell out in advance, so it’s recommended to purchase tickets ahead of time.
- Resale from Fans: You can also find tickets for Neyland Stadium events by connecting with other fans on social media or online forums. However, it’s important to be cautious when buying tickets from individuals and to ensure that the tickets are legitimate and valid.
Neyland Stadium Tickets Price
The price of tickets for events at Neyland Stadium can vary depending on several factors, including the type of event, seating location, and demand. Here are some estimated price ranges for tickets to various events at Neyland Stadium:
- Football Games: The price of tickets for University of Tennessee football games at Neyland Stadium typically ranges from around $50 to $200 per ticket, depending on the seating location and opponent. Premium seating options such as club seats and suites can cost significantly more.
- Concerts and Other Events: The price of tickets for concerts and other events at Neyland Stadium can vary widely depending on the performer and demand. Generally, tickets for these events can range from around $30 to $200 or more per ticket, depending on the seating location and demand.
It’s important to note that these are only estimated price ranges and that actual ticket prices can vary depending on a variety of factors. Additionally, ticket prices can be affected by secondary marketplaces and other resale options, which can often be more expensive than face value.
Neyland Stadium Parking Lots Map
There are several parking options available for events at Neyland Stadium. Here is a breakdown of some of the most common options:
- On-Campus Parking: The University of Tennessee offers several on-campus parking options for events at Neyland Stadium. These parking areas include the G-10 garage, the G-16 garage, the 11th Street garage, and several surface lots. Parking availability and prices vary depending on the event, and some lots require a parking pass in advance.
- Off-Campus Parking: There are also several off-campus parking options available for events at Neyland Stadium. Private parking lots and garages located within a few blocks of the stadium typically offer parking on event days for a fee. Prices can vary depending on proximity to the stadium and demand.
- Shuttle Services: The University of Tennessee also offers shuttle services from several off-campus locations, including the Knoxville Civic Coliseum and the Old City. These shuttle services typically require a fee and may require advance reservation.
- Alternative Transportation: If you’re looking to avoid the hassle of parking altogether, there are several alternative transportation options available for events at Neyland Stadium. These include taking a taxi, ride-share service, or public transportation, such as Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) buses.
It’s important to plan ahead for parking when attending events at Neyland Stadium, as parking can fill up quickly on event days. Additionally, be sure to check for any parking restrictions or road closures that may be in place on event days.
How to Reach Neyland Stadium
Neyland Stadium is located in Knoxville, Tennessee, and there are several ways to reach the stadium:
- Car: If you’re driving to Neyland Stadium, the address for the stadium is 1235 Phillip Fulmer Way, Knoxville, TN 37916. The stadium is located near several major highways, including I-40 and I-75.
- Public Transportation: The Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) bus system offers several routes that serve the University of Tennessee campus and the Knoxville area. Additionally, the University of Tennessee offers shuttle services from several off-campus locations on event days.
- Taxi or Ride-Share: Taxis and ride-share services, such as Uber and Lyft, are also available in Knoxville and can provide transportation to Neyland Stadium.
- Bicycle: The University of Tennessee encourages sustainable transportation options, and bicycling to Neyland Stadium is an option for those who prefer this mode of transportation. The university provides bicycle racks near the stadium for those who choose to bike to events.
When planning your trip to Neyland Stadium, be sure to consider traffic and parking conditions, as well as any road closures or other event-related restrictions that may be in place on event days.
Neyland Stadium Facilities
Neyland Stadium is a modern, state-of-the-art facility that offers a wide range of amenities and features for guests. Here are some of the key facilities and features of Neyland Stadium:
- Seating: The stadium can accommodate over 102,000 fans, making it one of the largest college football stadiums in the country. There are seating options available throughout the stadium, including premium club seating and suites.
- Concessions: There are several concessions stands located throughout the stadium, offering a variety of food and beverage options for guests. Some stands also feature local Tennessee cuisine.
- Restrooms: There are several restrooms located throughout the stadium, including accessible restrooms for guests with disabilities.
- Scoreboards: The stadium features several large scoreboards located throughout the facility, providing guests with up-to-date information on the game.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium is equipped with free Wi-Fi access for guests, making it easy to stay connected during events.
- First Aid Stations: There are several first aid stations located throughout the stadium, staffed with medical professionals who can assist guests with any medical needs.
- Parking: The stadium offers several parking options for guests, including on-campus parking and off-campus parking at private lots and garages.
Overall, Neyland Stadium is a well-equipped and modern facility that offers a comfortable and enjoyable experience for guests attending events at the stadium.