Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium General Information and Ticket Procedure

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium (also spelled as Firoz Shah Kotla Stadium) is a feast for the eyes for every cricket fan in Delhi. The stadium is present at Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Delhi near the Firoz Shah Kotla Fort. The stadium was built in 1883, and it is the second oldest cricket ground in India after Eden Gardens Cricket stadium, Kolkata. It was continuously renovated which has kept the stadium up to the standards and its sitting area has also increased in the process to accommodate the huge amount of spectators and it has seating capacity for around 45,000 fans. The stadium has seen the growth and it hosts a large number of matches every year with so many cricket matches being played every year. With the introduction of IPL and World T20 in the recent years, it has seen a sudden increase in the matches played. IInd ODI cricket between India and New Zealand will be played here on 20 October 2016 as a part of 5 One Day International match series.

firoz shah kotla stadium
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium

It is the only international cricket stadium in New Delhi which hosts the matches of all the cricket formats, such as Test, One Day International, Twenty- 20, IPL (Indian Premier League), domestic and Ranji matches. This stadium has seen few of the greatest moments in cricket history, as it witnessed Indian Spinner Anil Kumble’s 10 wickets haul against Pakistan. The match between India and Pakistan was held in Ferozshah Kotla Cricket Ground in February 1999 when Kumble delivered his magic spells and took all the ten wickets of opposition in the fourth inning of the match, and he also became the second man to achieve the feat after Jim Laker. It also saw Sachin Tendulkar’s 35th century by which he surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of highest centuries.

Also, know about the Eden Gardens and Mohali Cricket Stadium

I got to visit this stadium in the WT20 match which was held between England and Sri Lanka, it was one of the deciding games where only the winner gets to stay in the challenge.

Ticket Booking Procedure and Parking Facility

Ticket booking for India New Zealand Second ODI has been started through Bookmyshow.com and price range is 500-10000 Rs. Tickets are available only in online, our one user posted in the comments that he went to Kotla stadium counter for ticket bookings and the guard told him that the ticket can be booked only in online mode. No offline sale is available.

This part of the chase was rather easy; you can book the tickets online by visiting bookmyshow.com and select the desired match and venue. The tickets are available by online modes only and there are no counters in the stadium premises, may be to avoid the extra rush which may be hard to manage for the stadium management. You have to carry the printout of the online tickets and get the entry pass at the Bookmyshow Box office. The box office pickup address for IPL tickets is Bookmyshow, building no. 4250/2, street no. 2, Ansari Road, Daryaganj , Delhi – 110002, Landmark – Adjacent to Vijaya Bank.

How to Book Feroz Shah Kotla IPL Match Ticket

You can book IPL match tickets online in few clicks. Booking Online tickets are very simple, safe and hassle free. The ticket rate of IPL matches starts from 500 rs to 8000 Rs. or Higher (Depends on the match).

• Go to bookmyshow.com website or Mobile APP.
  • Select the date, choose the price and tickets from the virtual layout of the stadium.
  • Now pick the favorite seats from the seating arrangement.
  • After picking the seats, go to the checkout page and complete the online payment by debit card/credit card, net banking, cash card or any other modes specified on the site.
  • After successful payment you will get a confirmation message and mail, the tickets will be delivered to the mailing address. Alternatively, you can collect the ticket from box office also.

Box Office Pick Up Address for India New Zealand 2nd ODI: Raja Ram Mohun Roy Memorial Trust, Brahmo samaj, 12 Vishnu Digamber Lane, New Delhi, Delhi 110002

book my show box office ticket booking pickup address
book my show box office ticket booking pickup address (Near ITO Metro Station)

Location of Bookmyshow Ticketing Box Office

Box office is located in the very dense area, so finding a place to park your vehicle is really a tough task. I would suggest that you opt for public transport. Parking facility is also not good near the stadium, and the traffic comes to halt when the match finishes.

Nearest metro station is ITO near the box office pick, ITO metro station just 300 Meters away. The stadium is very near to the ticket pickup point; within 1 km to each other and the nearest metro station for both the locations are ITO, Pragati Maidan and Mandi House which are around 2-3 km away. You can either take a bus or book cab to reach box office or stadium from the metro station. The Sri Lanka vs South Africa world T20 match is scheduled to be played at this stadium on 28 march 2016. Only pride is at stake in this match as both the teams are already of the world cup championship. First Semifinal of ICC World T20, 2016 between New Zealand vs England was played at Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium on 30th March.

Feroz Shah Kotla Cricket Stadium Map

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Check in Procedure and Guidelines

Let’s focus on few guidelines which will help you, if you are planning to visit the stadium for any upcoming match. After collecting the entry pass, check the gate number which is printed on the tickets and head towards the gate number to enter the stadium. Please avoid carrying any items other than the wallet and mobile phone. Most items are not allowed inside the stadium, and the same would be asked to deposit at the security checking counters with no guaranty of return which was informed at the entry gates. Some of the restricted items are Coins, headphones, power bank, data cables, water bottles and any type of eatable or drinkable, digital cameras, binoculars, plastic carry bags etc. Baby food, diapers, and flags are allowed, though. I lost the headphones in the process and I was lucky that I didn’t bring any valuable which could have stopped me from entering the stadium. Also on the official website of DDCA, there is no information available regarding the general guidelines to be followed while visiting the stadium.

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Match
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Match

Stadium Facilities

Once you enter the stadium, you will be dependent on various facilities provided by the stadium management. It somewhere lags in the Basic facilities, as the toilets were really in bad condition during the WT20 match between Sri Lanka and England. We were sitting in the Hill A South East Stand, and the view was hindered by the glass which is fitted as a security measure, between the spectators and the ground. So for a clear view, please avoid this stand as it could reduce the excitement of the match. The food provided there was on a bit expensive side, as everything is sold at a price higher than the MRP. Water costs 10rs per 300 ml glass, and soft drink will cost you 50 RS for 450 ml glass. Pan Pizza could also be bought at a price of 150 and 200 rs. Kulcha is priced at 80 rs. Overall the food is little expensive but not too heavy on your pockets.

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Seating Layout

Feroz Shah Kotla Seating Layout
Feroz Shah Kotla Seating Arrangement

Cricket New Zealand Tour Of India One Day 2 Seat Layout

Cricket New Zealand Tour Of India One Day 2 Seat Layout
Cricket New Zealand Tour Of India One Day 2 Seat Layout

Above seat layout is showing the all stands and pavilions of Kotla cricket stadium like Hiil A, Hill B, Corpororate boxes, old club house, DDCA lounge, East side stand, west stand, North west stand, North Central stand, etc.

IPL9 Match Schedule at Kotla Stadium Delhi

Date and Day Team Team Time
Monday 15 April 2016 Delhi Daredevils (DD) Kings XI Punjab 8:00pm IST (2:30pm GMT)
Saturday 23rd April 2016 Delhi Daredevils (DD) Mumbai Indians (MI) 4:00pm IST (10:30am GMT)
Wednesday 27th April 2016 Delhi Daredevils (DD) Gujarat Lions (GL) 8:00pm IST (2:30pm GMT)
Saturday 30th April 2016 Delhi Daredevils (DD) Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) 4:00pm IST (10:30am GMT)
Thursday 5th May 2016 Delhi Daredevils (DD) Rising Pune Supergiants 8:00pm IST (2:30pm GMT)

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Review

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium is a true savior for the cricket fans in Delhi. One can experience the true enthusiasm of the high voltage matches by being in the stadium. The crowd here is electrifying, and you can find the real fun of a cricket match in a country where Cricket is a religion. Cricket fever is on its high as the world cup is in progress followed by IPL matches. The cricket fans have seen some of the top notch matches here which have been a delight and a lifetime experience. This is the time when you can see men taking custody of the TV remotes which is very uncommon. So to avoid the daily struggle of trying to watch the match on the stupid box, you can feel the real thrill of a match by being in the stadium.

Spectators Enjoying The Match at Feroz Shah Kotla Cricket Stadium
Spectators Enjoying The Match at Feroz Shah Kotla Cricket Stadium

Although the whole process of booking the tickets to entering the stadium is little painful, but once you enter the stadium and the match starts; you will forget all the hassles, and you will be happy that you have come all the way. If it is your first match in the stadium, you will be surprised, thrilled, excited and overwhelmed by the experience. I have been in the stadium couple of times, and I always comes out of the stadium with a smile on my face, the feel of watching a cricket match live in front of the eyes is something which is a unique way to get yourself involved in the match, with 45 k fellow fans and no advertisement to disturb you in between the overs.

Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium Information

Address Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Delhi
Nearest Metro Station ITO, Pragati Maidan and Mandi House
Seating Capacity 45,000
Restricted Items Coins, headphones, power bank, data cables, water bottles and any type of eatable or drinkable, digital cameras, binoculars, plastic carry bags etc
Items allowed Wallet, mobile phone, Baby food, diapers
Parking Yes

If you have any query please post a comment or mail me at indiaongo@gmail.com. I will try my best to help you guys 🙂

Read About Wankhede Cricket Stadium

74 thoughts on “Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium General Information and Ticket Procedure

1. rupesh poddar September 25, 2016 at 10:44

please mention the ticket price for students for odi and T-20 matches.is discount for students? and what kind of id proof should carry for buy the ticket.please reply me.

• India OnGo September 25, 2016 at 14:53

Online booking is not started yet, there is less chances of student discount specially during T20 and ODI matches.

2. rupesh poddar September 25, 2016 at 11:10

is ticket is available at stadium counter?

• India OnGo September 25, 2016 at 14:52

Generally tickets are available in online mode, we will update the details on site.

3. Rupesh poddar October 5, 2016 at 19:19

i want 5 tickets of 2nd odi ind vs nz,when the booking will start on bookmyshow. currently the ticket is not available on bookmyshow why this?

4. Rupesh poddar October 7, 2016 at 11:39

reply fast n, it u don’t deserve to reply then why did u create this website 🐹

• India OnGo October 7, 2016 at 20:38

i sincerely apologize for late reply, we can’t provide you an exact date or site name because we are not involve in the sale of tickets. I hope cricket match ticket sale might be started in 2 3 days. Bookmyshow has started the booking of first ODI in Dharamshala.

5. Shubham Aggarwal October 8, 2016 at 13:02

hey can u please tell me the lowest price of ticket & maximum price for 2nd ODI between india & new zealand & please also mention areas according to tickets
    please fast

• India OnGo October 8, 2016 at 15:43

It is hard to tell the ticket price but as per my team prediction ticket price should be start from Rs. 1500. It’s just a prediction based on http://indiaongo.in/sports/dharamshala-cricket-stadium/ ticket price. We will update the information on our site as soon as we got some news.

6. John October 12, 2016 at 10:17

When tgey started booking of 2nd odi ind vs nz

7. John October 13, 2016 at 07:27

Hey can u please tell me that when the sale of tickets has been started

• India OnGo October 13, 2016 at 20:05

I am also eagerly waiting for the tickets, I hope ticket sale will start in two three days.

8. Manoj October 13, 2016 at 17:18

Can u tel me….i thing the general lowest ticket price lessthen 1,000 my thing is true or folse…..

• India OnGo October 13, 2016 at 20:04

Hi Manoj, You can be right. For this we have to wait till the start of ticket booking 🙂

9. Reddy October 13, 2016 at 20:31

When the ticket sale of ind vs nz match vil b started?????….. Nd the site ?????…..

• India OnGo October 13, 2016 at 21:28

May be in one two days via Bookmyshow or ticketgenie.in

10. Reddy October 13, 2016 at 20:32

Is boookmyshow cnfrmd site for bukng ind vs nz match tickets???

• India OnGo October 13, 2016 at 21:27

Most probably, however, Indore test tickets were available through ticketgenie.in.

11. Reddy October 14, 2016 at 07:47

Thnks 4 ua reply

12. Varun October 14, 2016 at 09:18

When the sale for 2nd odi will start. Only 6 days left for the match. Tickets are not available neither on BookMyShow or Ticketgenie. Can you let me know when it will be available

• India OnGo October 14, 2016 at 19:46

Sale has been started on bookmyshow.com and tickets range is Rs. 500 – 10000 Rs.

13. Rishabh October 15, 2016 at 00:18

Hey i have booked my tickets from book my show..i jus wanted to ask like its mentioned that i need to collect tickets from from digamber lane..so book my show ofc is in daryaganj also..cn i go there n collect or i have to go to digamber oane only?

• India OnGo October 15, 2016 at 00:50

Hi Risabh as per my experience you need to go digamber lane to collect tickets. ITO metro station is very near to it. Please share your experience after collecting the tickets, so other users will get benefits from your experience 🙂

14. Kshitij Yadav October 15, 2016 at 17:52

I visited the stadium today to see if tickets were available offline but the guard said they weren’t. Tickets can be bought via online mode only, so don’t waste your time by going there. 🙂

• India OnGo October 16, 2016 at 02:04

Thank you Kshitij for adding additional information in the blog.

15. Shubham October 16, 2016 at 12:51

Do I need to take a ticket for 2 Year old?

• India OnGo October 16, 2016 at 15:25

Most probably No,Please check bookmyshow page for more details. Please share your experience here to help other visitors.

16. satyam October 16, 2016 at 13:08

Is there any discount for DU students???

• India OnGo October 16, 2016 at 15:26

No, BMS site has no information about it and offline tickets are not available for sale as per my information.

17. Kuldeep October 16, 2016 at 22:07

Is there any outlet for tickets of 2 odi

• India OnGo October 16, 2016 at 22:50

Yes I have already included the image in the post.

18. Konark October 16, 2016 at 23:24

Will the entry be allowed if i show up at 4pm for 1:30pm match?
    The ind-nz second odi?

• India OnGo October 17, 2016 at 20:22

During my last visit to Kotla cricket ground at ICC T20 world cup 2016, I saw many visitors came late to watch the match. I will advise you to confirm it from official site before booking the tickets.

19. Vijay Kumar Kirar October 17, 2016 at 12:47

I am totally surprised that this time no venue is fixed to buy the ticket offline. I there are a huge many people /students who are not able to book online ticket due one or other reasons. So you must let me know that how can I get offline ticket of the second ODI between India and Newzealand which is going to be held on 20th of the october. Please reply me as soon as possible.

• India OnGo October 17, 2016 at 13:50

Yes, I also researched a lot and unable to find any venue for offline tickets. One user of the site went to stadium for offline booking of tickets and guards told him that offline tickets are not available. You have to purchase online tickets. I am just providing information regarding the tickets and not associated with the tickets sale in any way. Thank you for Writing.

20. Karun tyagi October 18, 2016 at 08:49

Plz kisi ke pass extra ticket ho 500 vali plz mujhey dw dena mujhe chaiya

21. rishabh October 18, 2016 at 11:48

hi guys…m having 2 extra tickets for Ind vs Nz match @Delhi feroz shah kotla stadium….kindly whatsapp me if anyone wants to buy!!…

22. mukesh motsara October 18, 2016 at 15:27

Please give me mobile number of tickets booking office

23. mukesh motsara October 18, 2016 at 15:30

India ongo give your office number

24. mukesh motsara October 18, 2016 at 15:32

I want to purchase tickets

25. mukesh motsara October 18, 2016 at 15:36

Just tell me now
    India ongo
    Do You have tickets

• India OnGo October 18, 2016 at 20:00

Dear Mukesh, We don’t deal in sale and purchase of tickets.

26. Rahul October 19, 2016 at 09:31

Hi….can we get the ticket from box ofc on the match day if ticket has been already booked?

• India OnGo October 19, 2016 at 09:42

Yes you can collect the tickets on match day also.

• Rahul October 19, 2016 at 09:56

But I got a msg from BMS to collect ticket but I am nt here today. Can u advise something 😓

• India OnGo October 19, 2016 at 11:02

Yes after making online payment, you have to collect tickets from box office before match day or on match day.

27. Amit October 19, 2016 at 10:21

You can get offline ticket from BookMyShow counter

28. Om October 19, 2016 at 14:39

Any person sell tickets ..then I purchased ..
    Plss tell me or call me

29. RAJU SETH October 19, 2016 at 15:33

i have 10 extra tickets of 20th october-2016 Delhi match tickets
    INDIA VS NEWZELAND 500 WALI TKT HAI ANY ONE WANT ??????

• Rahul October 20, 2016 at 00:31

How many do u have right now and which stand?

• Kunal October 20, 2016 at 02:24

1 ticket chahiye bhai plz call or msg me..

• Ashok October 20, 2016 at 08:57

Call me if you wanna sell the ticket

30. Sujy October 19, 2016 at 16:59

I have extra 2 tickets India vs NZ date 20 delhi. My email sujeetsinghchauhan9@gmail.com

31. zaid October 19, 2016 at 18:04

I want to Two tickets ind vs New Zealand match 8700036192

32. Islam October 19, 2016 at 18:13

Hi… can we take goggles and wrist watch inside the stadium ?

• India OnGo October 19, 2016 at 19:45

I am not aware about current rules, Avoid taking unnecessary and costly items along with you. Please update me after the match so I can add more valuable information for our visitors.

33. Sanket October 19, 2016 at 18:43

Are DSLR camera and selfie stick allowed in the stadium?

• India OnGo October 19, 2016 at 19:42

I am not aware about current rules, but during My visit to Kotla in March 2016 security officials didn’t allow me to take headphones with me. There was no cloakroom at that time, unfortunately I lost my headphones during all the process. I had to deposit my headphones in a plastic bucket. 🙁

34. Sanket October 19, 2016 at 18:45

Can we carry DSLR and selfie stick in the stadium?

• India OnGo October 19, 2016 at 19:42

35. Karan October 19, 2016 at 23:12

We have 3 tickets ….and we r four persons three big and one small kid of 11 years …will they allow the kid with us without ticket

36. Ravindra October 20, 2016 at 00:20

Hey, at when entry will start for tomorrow match.

• India OnGo October 20, 2016 at 01:02

Generally gates are open 2 to 3 hours before the match.

37. Kishore October 20, 2016 at 08:15

At what time is match going to end ..if it is a 100 over contest ?? Are taxi available from Firoz Shah Kotla at night…

• India OnGo October 20, 2016 at 09:45

Around 9.30,booking Ola and Uber is a good option.

38. bijendra October 20, 2016 at 08:53

sir..
    i have a ticket..can we carry our children with us..and if yes..then maximum age for children to go inside without any ticket..

• India OnGo October 20, 2016 at 09:41

3 years

39. Ashok October 20, 2016 at 08:55

If anyone has two extra tickets plz contact

40. bijendra October 20, 2016 at 09:00

1 is three years old, and 2nd one is 6 yrs old

• India OnGo October 20, 2016 at 09:41

Entry is free upto three years.

41. RAVINDRA KUMAR October 20, 2016 at 11:16

if anyone got two extra tickets of Rs. 500 /- let me know…..

42. RAVINDRA KUMAR October 20, 2016 at 11:18

call me before 12.30pm…uske baad mat karna..:)