CBSE UGC NET is conducted for the post of assistant professor and junior research fellow. The aspirants who are willing to join as a professor in Universities / Colleges of India, will have to crack this exam. The CBSE UGC NET 2021 exam is going to be conducted in 2 papers – papers I and II. The aspirants can appear for the test two times during a year that’s in july and Dec through the online exam.
In order to appear for the exam, the candidates can fill UGC NET form in online mode by visiting the official website i.e ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Registration fees for the general category is Rs. 1000, Rs. 500 for OBC and EWS and Rs. 250 for SC / ST / PwD and Transgender candidates.
All the students are suggested to go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities. The minimum marks needed in the qualifying exam or master’s degree is 55% and the higher age limit is 30 years as of june 1, 2021 for Junior Research Fellow. There’s no age limit for the assistant professor. Here, we will share information about CBSE UGC NET Application Form 2021, Syllabus and exam pattern below.
How to Fill the CBSE UGC NET 2021 Application Form?
Step 1: Registration for UGC NET 2021
- The first step is to / register for the exam. New candidates need to register for the same on the official website.
- By filling out the required details the candidates can complete the registration process.
- Those candidates who are already registered can directly log in using their Application Number and Password.
- It is suggested that the candidates must go through the Terms and Conditions and then proceed further with the application
Step 2: Filling the CBSE UGC NET Registration Form 2021
- Now in the displayed CBSE UGC NET registration form the students must enter the required details such as any 4 preferred exam centers, NET subject, the course at PG level, reservation category, and other details.
- Fill up the details as required and click on the “Submit” option.
- After clicking on the submit button, the form will be submitted and a review Page will open where candidates can go through the details entered by them.
- After proper verification / rectification, click the “Final Submit” button to finally submit the application form. Candidates need to save the confirmation page.
- Now after final submission of the application form an application number will be generated.
- Candidates need to save the number for future log in and other uses.
Step 3: Upload Scanned Images
Scanned images has to be uploaded by the candidates only in the below mentioned format and dimensions:
|Format||JPG / JPEG||JPG / JPEG|
|Size||10 kb – 200 kb||4 kb – 30 kb|
|Dimensions||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Application Fee payment
- Now after finishing the final submission of the photo, the aspirants will be directed to the application fee payment page.
- The registration fee of CBSE UGC NET 2021 can be paid in online mode only.
- The payment can be done using debit card / credit card / net banking of SBI / Syndicate / HDFC and ICICI bank or through Paytm or UPI.
- Candidates are required to download 4 copies of the application form and e-receipt of the fee payment.
CBSE UGC NET Application Fee 2021
CBSE UGC NET application fee varies for all categories:
|OBC-NCL/ EWS||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 250|
* GST and processing fee is to be paid by the applicant as applicable.
CBSE UGC NET Application Form Correction 2021
- NTA will provide the facility or option of UGC NET application form correction.
- Correction facility shall be available in online mode only at the official website – nta.nic.in.
- The students whose application form requires some rectifications or changes or corrections are informed through Email and sms / text message.
- Only certain fields such as name, parents’ name DOB, address, category, gender, etc. can be corrected or edited by the candidates.
- Supporting documents are needed to be uploaded by the candidates for the edits made and candidates are required to pay the required fees if any.
Important points for UGC NET Registration 2021
The table below gives some important details and an idea of what to be filled in the application form
|Required details in application form||What to fill|
|Applying for which post||Candidate need to Select Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both|
|Chosen subject||Candidates need to Select one subject from the 81 specializations available for UGC NET exam.|
|Examination center||Students need to select 4 examination cities/centers of their choice out of various exam centers available.|
|Name||Candidate need to enter his/her name|
|Gender||Candidate need to choose their gender|
|Reservation Category||From the list the candidate needs to select the category they belong to|
|Mailing and Permanent Address||Candidates need to provide their mailing and permanent address|
|Educational Qualifications||Candidates need to provide all the required educational qualifications|
|Password Generation||Candidates need select a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence|
- Without completing step 2 and 3 of the application form the procedure for application submission shall remain incomplete. Such forms will be rejected and later no change will be entertained.
- The complete application procedure of CBSE UGC NET 2021 June exam is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. The candidates are therefore not required to send or submit any document including confirmation Page to NTA through Post / Fax or by Hand etc.
- No Refund of fee requests shall be entertained at any cost by NTA once remitted or cancelled.
- For the latest updates regarding UGC NET 2021 it is suggested to visit the NTA’s website frequently or daily.
CBSE UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria-
The candidates must go through the below mentioned points before filling up the UGC NET application form:
- Age Limit: Upper age limit Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is 30 years as on June 1, 2021. For Assistant Professor there is no age limit.
- Age Relaxation: 5 years relaxation is given in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and physically handicapped category. Relaxation will also be provided based on the experience of research of the candidates.
- Minimum education required: Students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university. The master’s degree should be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science etc. The subjects should be in which UGC conducts NET exam.
- Minimum percentage or Marks required: In master’s degree general category should have 55% marks and reserved category students should have 50% marks.
- Candidates who are in the final semester of their master’s degree can also apply.
- Marks or Percentage Relaxation: Students who have a Ph.D. degree get relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. The Master’s degree examination should be completed before September 19, 1991.
CBSE UGC NET 2021 Question Paper Pattern and Marks Allocation
CBSE UGC NET Paper 1 consists of 100 marks and 50 questions that is 2 marks for each question and paper 2 consists of 200 marks and 100 questions that again means 2 marks for each question. Total off 300 marks and 150 questions.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
So that’s all for now! We are quite sure that you have all the information here about CBSE UGC NET 2021 application, eligibility and paper pattern. Please stay tuned to our blogs for more information. Stay fit and healthy and keep working hard!