Arrowhead Stadium is a football stadium located in Kansas City, Missouri, and is the home field of the NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs. The stadium has a seating capacity of over 76,000 and was originally opened in 1972, with several renovations and upgrades over the years. Arrowhead Stadium has hosted numerous notable events, including two Super Bowls and several playoff games. It has also been the site of several major concerts and events, including concerts by U2, The Rolling Stones, and Taylor Swift.
The stadium is known for its unique design, with a partially covered bowl-shaped seating area and a signature “Arrowhead” scoreboard. The stadium also features several fan amenities, including a Chiefs Pro Shop, numerous concession stands, and a range of seating options, including luxury suites and club seats. Arrowhead Stadium is located in the Truman Sports Complex, which also includes Kauffman Stadium, the home field of MLB’s Kansas City Royals. The complex is easily accessible from major highways and offers several parking options for fans attending events at the stadium.
Arrowhead Stadium History
Arrowhead Stadium was originally opened in 1972 as the home field of the Kansas City Chiefs. The stadium was built to replace the team’s previous home, Municipal Stadium, which had become outdated and no longer met the needs of the team or its fans. Arrowhead Stadium was designed by Kansas City-based architecture firm Kivett & Myers and was built at a cost of $43 million. The stadium features a unique bowl-shaped seating area that is partially covered by a roof, which provides shade and protection from the elements for fans.
Over the years, Arrowhead Stadium has undergone several renovations and upgrades to enhance the fan experience and improve the stadium’s amenities. In 2007, a major renovation project was completed that included the installation of a new scoreboard and video display, as well as upgrades to the stadium’s sound and lighting systems.
Arrowhead Stadium has also been the site of several notable events throughout its history, including two Super Bowls (Super Bowl IV in 1970 and Super Bowl LIV in 2020) and several playoff games. In addition, the stadium has hosted numerous major concerts and events, including concerts by U2, The Rolling Stones, and Taylor Swift. Today, Arrowhead Stadium remains one of the most iconic and recognizable stadiums in the NFL and is widely regarded as one of the best venues in professional sports.
Arrowhead Stadium Seating Plan
Arrowhead Stadium is a football stadium with a seating capacity of over 76,000 and offers a range of seating options for fans attending events. Here is an overview Arrowhead Stadium Seating Chart:
- Upper Level: The stadium’s upper level offers seating options in sections 300-328, and provides views of the entire field.
- Lower Level: The lower level of Arrowhead Stadium offers seating in sections 100-137, and provides fans with a closer view of the action on the field.
- Club Level: The stadium’s Club Level offers premium seating options with access to private lounges, upscale dining, and other amenities. The Club Level is located in sections 200-240.
- Suites: Arrowhead Stadium offers luxury suites that are located on both the east and west sides of the stadium, and provide fans with a private, upscale experience.
- Standing Room Only: The stadium also offers standing-room-only areas for fans who want to be close to the action but do not need a physical seat.
Arrowhead Stadium is designed to provide excellent sightlines from every seat in the house and offers a range of seating options to suit the needs and preferences of all fans. The Chiefs Seating chart is very useful for those who want to book a ticket for the best view.
Arrowhead Stadium Ticket Price
Arrowhead Stadium Ticket Prices can vary depending on the event and seating location. Generally, tickets for Kansas City Chiefs home games at Arrowhead Stadium start at around $50 and can range up to several hundred dollars for premium seating options.
Here is a general breakdown of the different ticket price ranges for Arrowhead Stadium:
- Upper Level: Tickets for the upper level typically start at around $50-$70 per seat.
- Lower Level: Tickets for the lower level typically start at around $90-$120 per seat.
- Club Level: Tickets for the club level typically start at around $200-$300 per seat.
- Suites: Luxury suites at Arrowhead Stadium can range from several thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the size of the suite and the event.
It’s important to note that Chiefs ticket prices can vary based on factors such as the opponent, day of the week, and time of the season. Fans should check the official website of the Kansas City Chiefs or the ticketing website of the event for the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Arrowhead Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
There are several ways to book tickets for events at Arrowhead Stadium, the option of chiefs ticket booking given below
- Official Website: Fans can visit the official website of the Kansas City Chiefs at chiefs.com/tickets to purchase tickets directly from the team. On the website, fans can browse available seats, select the game they want to attend, and purchase tickets securely online.
- Ticket Resellers: Fans can also purchase tickets from third-party ticket reseller websites such as StubHub, SeatGeek, or Ticketmaster. These websites often offer a wide selection of seats and can provide a range of price options.
- Ticket Offices: Fans can visit the Arrowhead Stadium ticket office in person to purchase tickets. The ticket office is located on the southeast side of the stadium and is open Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Phone: Fans can also call the Kansas City Chiefs ticket office at 816-920-9400 to purchase tickets over the phone.
It’s important to note that tickets for popular events at Arrowhead Stadium can sell out quickly, so fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to ensure availability. Additionally, some events may have limited ticket availability or restrictions, so fans should check the official website or ticketing websites for specific event details and guidelines.
Arrowhead Stadium Parking Map
Arrowhead Stadium offers a variety of parking options for fans attending events. Here are some of the parking options available:
- General Parking: Arrowhead Stadium has several parking lots located around the stadium that offer general parking for fans. These lots are designated by color and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The price for general parking varies depending on the event.
- VIP Parking: Fans can purchase VIP parking passes for events at Arrowhead Stadium, which provide access to premium parking lots located close to the stadium entrance. VIP parking passes can be purchased in advance online or at the ticket office.
- Bus/RV Parking: Arrowhead Stadium offers designated parking lots for buses and RVs. Fans can purchase bus or RV parking passes in advance online or at the ticket office.
- Tailgating: Tailgating is allowed in designated parking lots around Arrowhead Stadium. Fans can set up grills, tables, and chairs in these areas and enjoy food and drinks before the event. However, tailgating rules and regulations vary depending on the event, so fans should check the official website or call the stadium in advance to verify the specific tailgating policies.
It’s important to note that parking at Arrowhead Stadium can be limited, particularly for popular events. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and consider carpooling or using public transportation if possible.
How to Reach Arrowhead Stadium
Arrowhead Stadium is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and can be reached by car, public transportation, or rideshare services. Here are some of the transportation options for getting to Arrowhead Stadium:
- Car: Fans can drive to Arrowhead Stadium using their own vehicle or a rental car. The stadium is located at One Arrowhead Drive, Kansas City, MO 64129. Fans should follow the signs to the appropriate parking lot and park in the designated area.
- Public Transportation: Fans can take the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) bus system to reach Arrowhead Stadium. The Metro bus line provides service to the stadium on game days. Fans can check the official KCATA website for schedules and routes.
- Rideshare Services: Fans can use rideshare services like Uber or Lyft to reach Arrowhead Stadium. The designated drop-off and pick-up location for rideshare services is Lot M, located on Raytown Road.
- Taxi Services: Fans can also use traditional taxi services to reach Arrowhead Stadium. Taxis can drop off and pick up passengers at the designated drop-off and pick-up location on the east side of the stadium.
It’s important to note that transportation options may be limited during high-traffic events, so fans should plan accordingly and allow for extra time to reach the stadium.
Arrowhead Stadium Facilities
Arrowhead Stadium offers a range of facilities and amenities for fans attending events. Here are some of the facilities available at the stadium:
- Concession Stands: Arrowhead Stadium has several concession stands located throughout the stadium that offer a variety of food and beverage options. Fans can purchase traditional stadium food like hot dogs, burgers, and nachos, as well as specialty items like BBQ sandwiches and vegetarian options.
- Merchandise: Fans can purchase official team merchandise and souvenirs at the Arrowhead Stadium Team Store, located on the lower level of the stadium. The store offers a wide selection of jerseys, hats, t-shirts, and other items for fans of all ages.
- First Aid: Arrowhead Stadium has multiple first aid stations located throughout the stadium, staffed by medical professionals who can provide basic medical care and assistance to fans who need it.
- Family Restrooms: Arrowhead Stadium offers family restrooms that are equipped with baby changing stations and other amenities for parents and young children.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium offers free Wi-Fi for fans attending events, allowing them to stay connected and share their experiences on social media.
- ATMs: ATMs are located throughout the stadium, providing fans with convenient access to cash.
- Accessibility: Arrowhead Stadium offers a range of accessibility services for fans with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible seating, assistive listening devices, and sign language interpretation services.
It’s important to note that specific facilities and services may vary depending on the event, so fans should check the official website or contact the stadium in advance to verify the specific amenities available.