Anantnag Election Results vote counting is in progress and we are hoping that final results will be declared till afternoon.
- CM Mehbooba Mufti won the Bye elections by 12,085 votes.
- Mehbooba Mufti leading by 6000+ votes.
- Mehbooba Mufti of PDP is leading by more than 5000 votes.
- CM Mehbooba Mufti is leading after the counting of first phase.
- As per sources first round of counting of ballot votes has completed for by-election of the Anantnag constituency (J&K). PDP 3, Congress 1, NOTA 1.
|AC Name||Winner Candidate||Vote||Runner-Up Candidate||Vote||Margin|
|Anantnag||Mehbooba Mufti (PDP)||17,701||Hilal Shah (INC)||5,616||12,085|
Election Commission of India has decided to hold bye election in the Anantnag assembly constituency of Jammu Kashmir State. The by elections will be held on 22 June 2016 and result will be declared on 25th June 2016. Anantnag (Constituency No. 40) was the seat of former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Mufti Mohd Sayeed. The seat was vacant after the demise of Mufti Mohd. Sayeed on January 7, 2016.
Voting Update: As per election commission officials, only 34% voters cast their vote in by polls. Out of 84067 electors, only 28446 voters use their voting power. 15384 male, 13062 female and 638 migrant voters cast their votes in Anantnag (J&K) Bye polls.
Anantnag Assembly Constituency Bye Poll Schedule
|1||Issue of Notification||25.05.2016|
|2||Last Date of Making Nomination||01.06.2016|
|3||Date of Scrutiny of Nominations||02.06.2016|
|4||Last Date of Withdrawal of Candidatures||04.06.2016|
|5||Date of Poll||22.06.2016|
|6||Date of Counting of Votes||25.06.2016|
|7||Date of Before elections shall be completed||27.06.2016|
Anantnag By Election Candidates List
|S. No.||Name of The Candidate||Father’s Name||Party|
|1||Iftikhar Hussain Misger||Ghulam Mohammad Misger||J&K National Conference|
|2||Mehbooba Mufti||Mufti Mohammad Syeed||J&K Peoples Democratic Party|
|3||Hilal Ahmad Shah||Jalal-uldin Shah||Indian National Congress|
|4||Tejinder Singh||Prem Singh||Independent|
|5||Mujieb-ur-Rehman||Abdul Rehman Shah||Independent|
|6||Masroor Ahmad Mir||Gh. Nabi Mir||Independent|
|7||Mushtaq Ahmad Shah||Mohammad Afzal Shah||Independent|
|8||Manzoor Ahmad Khan||Mohammad Yousuf Khan||Independent|
- Anantnag by polls has postponed for two days after the request of contesting parties. Now the voting for the polls will be held on 22 June 2016. Earlier voting was scheduled to be on 19th June. Counting of votes will take place on 25 June 2016.
- Awami Itihad Party (AIP) chief Er Rashid has taken the candidature form from district authorities and he is likely to contest in Anantnag bye polls which are scheduled to be held on 19th June. The Party has taken two form from election authorities, another form is in the name of Advocate Mujeeb-Ul-Rehman. Mujeeb-Ul-Rehman is the party president of Anantnag district.
- On Wednesday 1 June, Mehbooba Mufti has filed her nomination papers for upcoming by polls in Anantnag assembly seat of South Kashmir. Please note that Mehbooba Mufti has never lost a single election in her political career of 26 years. Today is the last date of filing nominations.
- National Conference is announced that Iftikhar Misgar will be their candidate for upcoming assembly polls of Anantnag. He obtained the candidature form from district authorities. In last elections (2014) he begged third spot. Now in this by elections, he will be competing against the PDF chief Mehbooba Mufti and Indian National Congress candidate Hilal Shah.
- As per the sources, current Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir (Mehbooba Mufti) is going to contesting in by poll election from Anantnag assembly. She is the daughter of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed. She has obtained nomination form from district authorities for regarding the by elections. Currently Mehbooba Mufti is the current Lok Sabha (MP) member from South Kashmir seat of J & K. As per the constitutional requirement of Jammu and Kashmir she has to become the member of J and K Legislative assembly within six months after acquiring the post of Chief Minister. She is the daughter of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and Anantnag assembly seat is vacant due to the demise of her father. (source: greaterkashmir.com)
- Congress leader Hilal Ahmad Shah has filed his nomination paper on 28th May for Anantnag assembly by polls which are to be scheduled for 19th June. He is the first candidate to file the nomination papers for upcoming by polls.
The election commission of India has decided to use the EVM machines in all the polling stations of Anantnag constituency of J and K.
Anantnag Assembly Constituency Past Results
|Year||A C No.||Winner||Party||Votes||Runner Up||Party||Votes|
|2014||40||Mufti Mohd Sayeed||PDP||16983||Hilal Ahmad Shah||INC||10955|
|2008||40||Mufti Mohammad Sayeed||JKPDP||12439||Mirza Mehboob Beigh||JKN||7548|
|2002||40||Dr. Mehboob Beigh||JKN||3513||Liyakat Ali Khan||JKAL||652|
|1996||40||Safdar Ali Beg||JKN||6066||Bashir Ahmad Dada||JKAL||5448|
|1987||39||Mohd. Syeed Shah||IND||24800||Mirza Masood Beg||INC||8095|
|1983||39||Mirza Mehboob Beg||JKN||15575||Gh. Hassan Naik||INC||9963|
|1977||39||Mirza Mohd Afzal Beg||JKN||15893||Sheikh Abdul Majid||JNP||9283|
|1972||39||Shamsuddin||INC||7401||Piary Lal Handoo||IND||5383|
|1962||31||Shamas – Ud- Din||NC||Uncontested|
We will also publish the candidate list of Anantnag By election, as soon the political parties has decided the candidate for by polls.